Hello all, Mary Ellen here.
Yesterday I finished up the quilting and binding on my corona quilt. I was a bit worried–I did not have enough of any of the fabrics in the quilt or its FQ bundle to make the binding. Fortunately I have a small stash (cough, cough) and found something close with just a bit more than I needed. Finding thread to match the binding (I sew the entire binding process by machine) was a challenge. I found a partial spool that was perfect but had a concern that I’d run out before I finished top-stitching the binding. But hey-nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I set out on what I’ve heard called a game of thread spool chicken. And guess what, I won! Not by much but it doesn’t matter by how much–I got the whole binding done with just a bit to spare! That’s the most excitement I’ve had since we’ve been on lockdown!